Dichotmy

 We have so many wonderful visitors. 

And honestly many days they keep me going. 

They remind me that there is a world out there I used to know. 

One not full of wheelchairs, adult bibs, lifts, and meds. 

Days you can plan to go and do. Just go and do. 

Schedules that don't include 20 extra minutes to get wheelchairs in and out of the van. 

Picking restaurants based on everything besides handicap friendliness. 

Some days I wake up and I think of my family and friends and I suddenly realize that they are living normal lives. 

They are deciding whether or not to get up or spend more time in bed. 

They are relaxing with a cup of tea or coffee. Maybe scrolling through the news. 

Or just gazing out the window at their birdfeeders. 

Later they'll go shopping, or for a ride. Watch some tv or go out to lunch with friends. 

Choices. They have choices. 

I am having a hard time remembering waking up and having choices. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Did I Get Here and What the Heck Happened to My Old Life?

The Morning After

Blessed Sleep